advanced What I Like in a Custom Truck VIII



Just because it's different - no bumper at all, and an extended custom grill that has a stock appearance. I'm not sure what I think of this one.


This is an older W900A with custom wheels and suicide doors. Mostly retro with slight minimalism.


A Corn Binder after my own heart! I like the bumper and the hidden marker lights, plus the painted tanks and air filter housings. The visor is custom and doesn't drop too low. The "dart" contrasting stripe is reminiscent of old KW paint jobs, too.



This is the new International Lone Star just released this year. Most of the stuff on this truck is stock. It screams retro, and wooden floors are a factory option.

Excessive slathering of chrome, lights and stainless results in this:



"Decotora" trucks in Japan. They are so far out of whack with the universe that they are cool, but Lordy, please don't let a bulb burn out. I have to think they require super heavy duty alternators, or even use more than one. They are beyond garish.

But who am I to judge? If that is what they want to do, more power to 'em. I'd rather drive a truck that looks good with a proper cleaning and some work with a chamois rather than a polishing cloth every weekend. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather be home staring at the inside of my eyelids during a Nascar race or football game than rubbing black crap off some metal on my weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...